Friday, February 14, 2014

A (not so) Drunk in Love Valentine's Day (just drunk)

Before I get all carried away let's take a moment actually six minutes & twenty-two seconds to get in the spirit...



Confession time: I watched this video for the first time just moments before I began writing this, it was my attempt at being informed. I didn't take to iTunes and download the musical or visual offerings of Bey and still one day I hope to find myself drunk in the club dancing (I don't dance. I move but dance is a stretch.) to this song. How many people do you think chose this song as their first dance? I'm not gonna lie it crossed my mind but enough of that. 


This is me, actually it's Jessica Biel. Except you probably know that. What do you see? I see a fab headband, big smile & fantastic heart shaped piñata! Ummm, you know that piñatas are the most festive touch a party can have, right? Oh, you didn't? Now you do! This is where we reach a fork in the road though. When it comes to Valentine's Day you've got the girls like Jessica Biel from the film  Valentine's Day who hate it & then you have girls like me the lovers of day with dark orgins. Yeah so that cute chubby baby ain't such a cute chubby baby and something about poisonous arrows. 

Fantasy vs. Reality 

My fantasy Valentine's Day would start with a hot n' heavy romp in the wee hours of the morning, first gift of the day a new monogrammed robe, coffee from the Keriug I got for my birthday (well because it's my damn fantasy & Valentine's Day isn't the only day of the year not having a boyfriend doesn't cross my mind), breakfast made by yours truly and then a regular ass day would play out like every other regular ass day except somewhere (see how I'm not being picky here) I'd receive a singing telegram that would gift me with a gigantic stuffed animal and jumbo bag of Harbio gummy bears (because I don't just want any brand gummy bears), my boyfriend would walk through the door with some beer with a bow on it (you know cause it's a gift), dinner (another detail I'm not over thinking I just want to eat) & then the day would end how it began. 

In reality it's 5AM on Valentine's Day and I'm writing this, actually everything but the previous paragraph was written yesterday. I was trying to thwart my current procrastination style writing. I'd say I did pretty damn well (except it's 7:00PM and I'm just getting to posting this)! My daughter is asleep. I'm not sure if it's more cliche to say she's my Valentine or that I'm my own. It's not like she's going to say no it will be more like where's my gift & that's how we know the love is real! I'm going to take her to the mall to play, buy her Taco Bell for lunch, lay her down for a nap, watch tv & drink a vodka tonic, wake her up, make dinner, pick up a mess for at least the second time today that I didn't make, get her in pj's, tell her it's almost time for bed, say lights outs as she begs for one more show, give in because that's what good moms do, then really turn the light out but not before giving her hug & telling her I love her with all my heart. Just a regular ass day doing the things the person I love wants. 

Signed the girl single on Valentine's Day again. 

XO 




No comments:

Post a Comment