Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day Three of Thirty One Days of Writing

Q: Have you ever traveled to a foreign country? What country would you most like to visit?


A: No, I've not had the pleasure of traveling internationally. The country I'd most like to pay a visit is a no brainer, it'd be France! I know that I want to go by myself & have a coming of age moment if you will. Is there an age limit on having such an experience? I know there better not be! So why France, well there's this fictional character who's love life mirrors my own from time to time, Carrie Bradshaw.  She dated this man, Alexander Petrovsky he was a rich, successful, older Russian artist. He asked her to leave the NYC behind and follow him to Paris although she knows he's self involved & has shown her on more than one occasion that he will never be able to fully commit, she goes. She loves him or at least thinks she does and who turns down Paris??? Not Carrie.

It's not long before she's lonely, depressed and confused. Raise your hand if you've been there too (just minus the being in Paris, right?). The worst part is when she runs into some fans at a bookstore who she plans to meet up with later that night, when Alexander turns into a selfish needy asshole. He's nervous about his opening and guilt's Carrie into coming with him & upon their arrival leaves her high and dry, much like he's done before. They argue, he slaps her, she leaves him only to run into Big & we all know where this is going. 

All that to say I want to see the Eiffel Tower, eat my heart out & do as many things as can off of this list by Time, which covers everything from galleries to roof top bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment