Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day Two of Thirty One Days of Writing


Q: Do you need solitude? 

A: The first thing I'm going to do is define solitude.

sol·i·tude 
\ˈsä-lə-ˌtüd, -ˌtyüd\
noun
the quality or state of being alone or remote from society 

Now that we've cleared that up I'm going to be honest and say solitude is something I struggle with. On one hand yes, I need solitude. Being a stay at home mom means that there is a mini me that requires constant care and attention. It's the single most exhausting experience of my day, everyday. It's long hours, little pay but the most loving relationship I've been in. Solitude in this area of my life I welcome & relish when the opportunity presents itself. 

But then there's that other hand, for fun let's say it's the left one since that's the hand a shiny piece of jewelry ends up on. If you catch my drift. Solitude as a single woman can be painfully lonesome. Having another person in the form of a man is something I want. Someone to do something with or even absolutely nothing with, I'm totally flexible here. The thing is I don't really welcome solitude in this respect, but what I'm realizing is that embracing it means putting my big girl panties on. Here's to figuring out how to do just that before I find myself in the arms of a man begging me to relish in him. 

XO, 

V.V. Browne 

No comments:

Post a Comment