Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day One of Thirty One Days of Writing




I'd love for you to follow along as I commit to writing daily over the next thirty one days! The questions were complied by the brains and beauty behind The SITS Girls. Who offer a wealth of blogging tips & info along with connecting us to each other on a variety of social media platforms. 


Q: What is something blogging has taught you about yourself?

A: Blogging about my dating life has taught me acceptance. Sometimes I'm a hot ass mess and there's something about writing about it that's help me to own it. Its one thing to "know" you have a pattern and it's another thing to KNOW you have a pattern. It's the latter that I picked up on as I read the stories I was telling. 

My type has always been an emotionally unavailable asshole with a sprinkling of selfishness. You see you can't possibly be a people pleaser and not attract those who are selfish. It's like you've got this flashing neon sign on your forehead that reads: I give too much please come and use me up. I was finally able to figure out the mistake I've been making all along which was prematurely making an emotional investment in men who had no intention of emotionally investing in me. Their called heart strings for a reason! People, in my case men have been able to pull or rather yank on them & turn me into an unrecognizable woman. 

I've cried, cursed, stormed & acted out more times then I'd like to count. All over men who didn't give two shits about me. Most of that has changed. I say most because even when we think we're doing our best and staying the course someone sneaks in and disrupts all of that. As I cleanse myself of sorts I see that it's been long overdue, letting go is really hard & although not knowing what the future holds is scary as hell it's also exciting! 

Like Dylan McDermott says in one of my favorite movies (also starring Debra Messing), the Wedding Date: 


Here's to the husbands who've won you, the losers who've lost you & the lucky bastards that get to meet you 


XO, 

V.V. Browne 

No comments:

Post a Comment